This training will be delivered via live online. Available dates must be selected below. No attendance at the training center required.
Our basic nursing skills training is designed to help people to get into Care Assistant/ Support worker jobs within NHS and private hospitals, nursing/care homes, as well as GP surgeries. This course is recommended for people who wish to become health care assistants but have no experience, or want to come back to work after the previous break-in employment.
As this is online training, people from various locations or countries are welcome to apply.
The two days of basic nursing skills training includes intensive training (up to 14 hours) + online assessment (80 minutes). If the candidate is unable to participate during the lifestreaming session, a class recording will be available for later review.
- Essential Standards
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a person-centered way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Basic First Aid Awareness (demonstration only)
- Taking and recording blood pressure and pulse
- Taking and recording temperature
- Urine/Stool collection and sampling
- Respiratory rate
- Glucose testing /finger stick
- Taking weight and height and BMI calculation
- Infection control
- Completing patient observation chart and understanding NEWS