Basic Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
This course is conducted over 1 day and lasts from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm. After theoretical part of the training, it is optional for students to take voluntary work as health care assistants for 70 hours in a Care/ Nursing/Residential Home which could be arranged just after a person have received DBS Certificate.
- All candidates must be 18+ years old and have none criminal records.
- All candidates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- All candidates must provide original documents required for DBS application (see terms and conditions).
- Essential Standards
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults/Safeguarding Children
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- First Aid Awareness
- Infection Control
Total fee for this training is £180.00. This price includes volunteer DBS, optional practical work placement and professional references for up to two years.